Monday, June 27, 2005

It just ain't RIGHT!!!

I see the price of oil is up again.

Does it seem to you - as it does to me - that there's NO rational explanation for this IN THE FACE OF HUGE OIL COMPANY PROFITS?

And what once - maybe - were our watchdogs - the media - seem to just suck in all the excuses UNQUESTIONED , "...well, there's a this (refinery down) or a that (less oil reserves)." THEY MISS THE POINT that the oil companies are having record profits. If they took in less profit, the price would drop, wouldn't it?

I know the government sucks tax money out of each gallon like dry-as-a-bone Vampires suck blood out of fat juicy victims. I know that.

I also know that Congress in its partisanship can't seem to get together on much anything except to blame or smear the opposition. HEY! THAT'S NOT WHY YOU WERE ELECTED. You mean EVERY darn Republican or EVERY darn Democrat is incapable of having an honest non-partisan thought? THOMAS JEFFERSON would be SICK. Elected Leaders: Don't you dare reference the founders of our great country unless you are WORTHY of their values!

As I grew up, you had - or I had, at least - the feeling that if something tricky was going on, good ol' Uncle Walter Cronkite would TELL US. He'd find out and tell us. Naive me.

As I grew up, my father, a former Army Colonel, a student of history, and pretty darn bright thinker, was churning out letters to the White House, specifically about the War in Vietnam, I think, but then, we didn't communicate very well at home. Maybe Walter didn't tell us everything.

I swear to you watching television reports on the price of gas is like watching the Stepford Wives... and it scares me. Who's in charge? We are getting McJournalism and it's making us tranquil and lazy.

Want to talk about Mad Cow disease? Oh, there's another one down. Don't worry. ...Burger? Fries with that?

Whistle blowers - even when SURROUNDED BY FACTS - don't have the weight to fight the damn inertia of public and press apathy. Not to mention 'special interests.'

My father would have worried himself to death if the Viceroys he smoked didn't get him first.

Want to talk about Tobacco Subsidies? 35 years LATER??? Hel-LO!!!

No comments: