Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Words for sale

I've been doing voicework - voiceacting, and or announcing, for many years - usually as a sideline, but for 5 years, some years back, as my 'real' job. Then radio intervened and now again I am firing up that voicework side of my business. My great former agent based in San Diego and Orange County, CA. has welcomed me back 'home' into her fold, and I sure appreciate her support. In such a subjective business, ANY positive response helps shore the ego for the countless rejections.

The business has changed dramatically. Now I can audition for any job anywhere in the world, from home. I have a pro rack full of equipment and a dedicated sound room. Then I send the work out via internet - MP3 or WAV files.

This will be an interesting twist in the road of my career. In a way, it's like fishing. You drop the line, and wait. There ARE monster sized jobs lurking out there, among the many little ones. You never know what might happen.

No comments: